As the crystal is now on order, I need to start testing the box. After talking to the people behind the Norfolk experiment, they have tried photography with using a camera on a phone, but with limited success. However, with the chamber, the phone can sit securely on the top, and my phone has Infra red laser focusing (something like that anyway), so I spent the evening doing some calibration tests.
|The box with a badly fitting calibration card||Electric Test was successful, lighting is great|
I had a play with a graphics package to come up with a calibration sheet unique to the project. I got a bit obsessive but I wanted to cover as much as I could to ensure everything was working once I got the crystal. The electrics were sound (I need a better mounting for the battery), and on the first focusing test, I hit the first problem.
|First focus test was a bit off||With a lens, things got worse|
[caption id=”attachment_6031” align=”aligncenter” width=”400”] Focusing sorted itself out and it was almost there[/caption]