Dark Lilly Archive - THE COSMIC COMPUTER

  2017-12-12


THE COSMIC COMPUTER

 

 

As DL’s mirror-image implies, the message is: look at things from a different viewpoint. The key to Occult knowledge is self-knowledge; and nothing can be known until it has been thoroughly examined from all angles.

 

In mundane life, one can manage perfectly well with a degree of knowledge; I do not need to know anything about the internal boards and wiring of a computer, I only have to know which disc to insert and which keys to press. Occult knowledge requires complete understanding of the working’s of one’s own mind, and this understanding must be achieved before anything can be accomplished.

 

If I press a certain key, a column of figures or words is rearranged, and it does not matter to me what electrical impulses have been whizzing around behind the screen to make that happen. If my mind received a certain stimulus, the equivalent of pressing a key, then a decision might be made or an opinion revised, and I need to understand every detail of the mental circuitry which brought about that affect.

 

In dealing with one’s own mental computer, one has to be all things, programmer, operator and engineer; and a gap in the knowledge will blow the whole system.

 

To continue the computer analogy, in relation to the teachings of the Adept who guides DL, within your own mind is a terminal, connected to the main-frame which is the Universe. So everything that ever has been and ever will be is available to you when you know which keys to press. Access to this capacity exists inside your subconscious mind. It is and always has been a part of you, and successfully invoking it activates a hitherto unknown and unexplored part of your brain which will do what is required when you have the ability to direct it. Acquiring this power is the aim – does that sound easy? In fact, it is the hardest task in the world. It has to be, for that is the way of the Adept.

 

Psychologists say that the average person uses 3% of his brain capacity, the other 97% remains dormant. The percentages may be accurate enough, but “unrecognised” is a better description than “dormant”. A lot is happening within that terra incognita, most of it detrimental to the host body.

 

A form of insanity has been defined as “having another person inside your head.” Accordingly, we are all insane, because we all have this other person inside our heads; the subconscious is an independent entity.

 

Easy to believe in demons in the dark; not so easy to accept the real “demon” who has been with you all your life, manipulating your every thought and action. An unaware person has never made an independent decision; he does not know it, but the subconscious has influences him in all things.

 

To take one example, think back: how many times have you decided (or thought it was you that did the deciding) to do something which was not in your own best interests? “For reasons of security”… “because what I really wanted might have hurt someone”… or any other excuse your subconscious chose to feed to you.

 

When you become interested in the Occult, you have, whether you realise it or not, declared war on your subconscious. The subconscious will not go to Red Alert at this stage, because it does not think very highly of your capacity to challenge its supremacy (why should it? You’ve never given it any bother before). It will issue a few minor warnings: fears, unease. Quite enough to make sure that most aspiring Occultists stick to their books, learning which colour candle to light and the correct way to dance in their coven. Safe within your magick circle, you exorcise demons; the real demon, inside your head, has never laughed to much in his life.

 

“Dark Night of the Soul” is a foolishly optimistic description. A “night” that lasts for years. If you are lucky, you will doubt your own sanity; if you are not so lucky, someone else will certify you.

 

Examine every thought and every action. When you think you know why, look at it in another way and assess the further possibilities.

 

And never forget that you are aiming for the control, not the elimination of your subconscious. To use it instead of being used by it. Expel your subconscious and you have pulled the plug on your terminal.

 

I have taken eight hundred words to deal with what has been said in two: “KNOW THYSELF”. It was carved in stone at the Temple of the Oracle; so many of the Pythia’s credulous clients read those deceptively simple words but did not understand them.

 

When you know yourself, you are on-line to the Universe.

 

 

Anonymous article taken from the Dark Lily Journal No 8, Society of Dark Lily (London 1989).